How to Take Care of Windows Slow Start up
Is your computer taking too long to boot up? There are a number of factors that can result in the slow start up of your computer. But there are certain tips and tweaks which can reduce the start up time significantly. But before using these tweaks, you will need to be pretty careful. This is because it will require tampering with some of the system files. A little mistake and you may end up crashing the computer. However, if you are careful, you can achieve some great results with it.
- Removing the unwanted items at the start-up in the System Configuration
If too many items load at the time of the start up then it is bound to increase the boot-up time. A lot of such programs are not required at the start up and are usually there because we ignore them. These start-up items can be easily (and safely) disabled by following the below steps:
- Click on the Start menu and then click on Run (you can also press Windows key and R simultaneously to open Run dialog box)
- Type ‘msconfig’ in the text box of the Run dialog box and click ‘OK’ or hit ‘Enter’
- This will open the System Configuration tool
- Click on the ‘Startup’ tab; here you can uncheck all the items you do not need at the start-up.
Making changes to Registry keys and values
Some of the registry values can also be edited to make the start-up of the Windows OS faster. However, you will need to be extremely careful about it. Even a small mistake can cause some really serious computer issues and affect the operations. Here are the steps:
- Open the ‘Run’ dialog box again, enter ‘regedit’ and press ‘OK’; this will open the Registry Editor
- Now open the submenus carefully [HKEY_CURRENT_USER] > [Control Panel] > [Desktop]
- Locate [HungAppTimeout]- Change the value to 200
- Locate [WaitToKillAppTimeout] – Change the value to 1000
Once you have changed the values, you will be surprised to see that the start up speed has increased significantly. There are other tweaks as well but they are too dangerous for the layperson as they may cause permanent damages if not performed correctly.
There are several professional grade optimization tools available that can easily optimize the performance of your computer without causing any troubles. However, if you want an expert advice from the qualified technicians, you can always call Kay Eye Marketing at 9212384123.